May is Disability Insurance Awareness Month (DIAM)Updated for May 2015
The Council for Disability Awareness has developed the tools and resources on this page to help advisors, employers, consumers, the media, and anyone else interested in disability, understand the need for every working American to protect his or her income.
Disability Insurance Awareness Month was created by and is organized by the nonprofit Life Happens. CDA is proud to support Life Happens, our member companies, and others in the industry in educating and inspiring the public to learn about their risk of disability and the importance of income protection planning.
Campaign ResourcesThe resources in this section are provided to help you promote DIAM with your associates, friends, clients and prospects. Feel free to use them to support your activities, and/or customize as needed.
Director of Operations
Director of Operations
Disability Disconnect InfographicUpdated for 2015, the Disability Disconnect infographic focuses on consumers. It illustrates the awareness gaps of the risk of illness, injury, surgery, or accident on a working American's income.
Use the individual infographic images to engage with audiences in your presentations, promotions, communications, and on social media.
Download full infographic for electronic use
Download full infographic for print use
Download individual chart images to use in social media and blogging efforts
Social Media ResourcesUse your social networks to raise awareness about the risk that illness, injury, surgery, or accident can place on one's income. To help consumers understand the need for income protection, download our charts and images, and access pre-written social media updates.
Real Life StoriesShare these CDA real life stories with others to help explain the reality of disability and the need for income protection.
Add America's Disability Counter to your Website
Add to my Site
QR CodesAdd CDA's QR codes to your marketing materials, and make it easy for anyone to learn about income protection on the go. Or, create your own QR codes and link them to any CDA webpage!
QR for What's My EIQ
QR for Defend Your Income
QR for What's My PDQ
What is a QR Code? | Download a QR Reader for iPhone | Download a QR Reader for Android
Visit www.lifehappens.org for more tools and resources to help share the importance of disability income protection.
Follow CDA Member Companies
- Aetna Life Insurance: Blog, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn
- AIG Benefit Solutions: Blog, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+
- American Fidelity Assurance: Blog, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+
- Ameritas: Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest
- Assurant Employee Benefits: Twitter, Facebook, YouTube
- Disability RMS: Website
- Guardian Life: LinkedIn, YouTube
- Hartford Life: Image Library, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram
- Illinois Mutual Life Insurance: Learning Center, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+
- Lincoln Financial Group: Blog, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube
- MassMutual: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, Google+
- MetLife: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Ohio National: Education Center, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Principal Financial Group: Blog, Twitter, Facebook
- Prudential: Blog, Twitter
- The Standard: Blog, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Sun Life Financial: Blog, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Unum: Blog, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn